Self Storage Agreement
Self Storage Agreement
Terms and Conditions of Storage Agreement
In these terms and conditions, the following words have the following meanings: -
Any additions hired by The Hirer specified in this Agreement (e.g. Locks and Keys).
These Contractual terms and conditions of hire including all the information set out in this agreement.
Employees and Directors of Deeping Direct Limited and/or anyone working on behalf of Deeping Direct Limited.
Commencement of hire date
The date of hire specified in the overleaf.
The Start Date for the first four weeks of this Agreement and the corresponding date for each following period of four weeks, or such other date We agree in writing with You.
The amount specified in the Agreement (which does not include insurance).
Anything You store in the unit/s at any time during the Agreement.
From the Commencement of hire date to the Termination of Hire date.
You, the customer or company named in the Agreement.
Our fees for (each, as applicable): the sale of general merchandise, transportation, Forklift Charges, rental of equipment, electricity, Locks, Keys or any other service (and any VAT payable) that may be incurred by You from time to time .
In respect of the payment of each and every sum due under this Agreement, payment on the Due Date or within thirty (30) days afterwards, and in respect of any sum being due under any other agreement between You and Us, payment within seven (7) days of that sum being demanded in writing.
The premises on which the Unit/s or Container is or will be situated.
Termination of Hire
The date in which the Container or Unit/s is off hire in accordance with Condition 58 and Condition 59.
Unit/s or Container/s
The storage unit/s or container specified in the Agreement or any alternative storage unit/s we may specify.
We, Us, Our
The Relevant Storage Company e.g. Deeping Direct Limited.
The customer and/or Company named in the Agreement
Any outstanding Fees, charges or anything else that you the Hirer owes.
2. VAT will be chargeable on sums payable where required by the UK VAT legislation.
3. All Container sizes are approximate and We accept no responsibility for their accuracy. In agreeing to Our Fees, You accept it applies to the Unit/s You use and not any Unit/s represented.
4. So long as Your Fees are paid up to date, without limiting Condition 25, We licence You, but no other person to use the Unit/s in accordance with this Agreement during the Hire Period.
5. You are deemed to have knowledge of the Goods in the Unit/s.
6. This Licence does not:
6.1 create a tenancy or lease or the relationship of landlord and tenant between You and Us; or
6.2 mean that We are bailees, custodians or warehousemen of the Goods.
7. We do not have and will not be deemed to have knowledge of the Goods, or of the nature, condition or state of repair of any Goods.
8. When You sign this Agreement Form, You must pay Us Our Fees for the Minimum Storage Period. After that, You must pay Our Fees on the Due Date or up to thirty (30) days after the Due Date. All sums payable to Us under this Agreement will become due immediately upon Termination of Hire in accordance with Condition 58 and Condition 59. If the Termination of Hire date falls after a corresponding week-end you will be charged up to the next corresponding week-end and the remaining weeks within the 4 week period credited.
9. It is Your responsibility to make sure that payment is made directly to Us on time and in full throughout the Hire Period. If You pay by bank transfer, You must make sure that You identify the payment clearly by noting your Account number so that We can easily see that it relates to Your account.
10. If You do not pay any of Our Fees by their Due Date We may immediately without notice to You withdraw any further discounts, deductions, business services (where applicable) or other rebates on Our Fees agreed to be granted by Us to You.
11. Every time any amount submitted by You by way of payment of Our Fees is dishonoured, You must immediately on demand pay Us an administrative charge of £10. In addition, once a payment method has been dishonoured, We can no longer accept payment in this form and require payment of Your outstanding account by cash, debit card or credit card.
12. If You make a part payment of any of Our Fees outstanding under this Agreement and We retain Your part payment, this will not affect Our ability to take any action against You or to exercise any rights that We have under this Agreement in respect of Our Fees that remain outstanding from You. The time period from which We may take such action will still start from the Due Date on which the original Fees were due and the Due Date will not be extended as a result of Your part payment.
DEFAULT IN PAYMENT – RIGHT TO SELL OR DISPOSE OF GOODS
13. We take the issue of Prompt Payment very seriously. It is very important that You make Prompt Payment of each and every sum whether invoiced or not, owing from You to Us from time to time under this Agreement or any other Agreement between You and Us.
14. If You do not make Prompt Payment of Your Fees or Debt, You agree that:
14.1 the Goods are left in the Unit/s at Your sole risk;
14.2 without limiting Condition 14.1 or 35 or 36, We exclude any liability in respect of the Goods when payment of Our Fees or charges is overdue; and
14.3 We may immediately exercise the lien described in this Agreement (in particular in Condition 15).
15. A lien means that We have a right to retain the Goods until We have received full payment of Your Debt, and We may sell or dispose of the Goods as described below. We have a lien over the Goods for Your Debt until payment of Your Debt in full has been received by Us in cash, by bank transfer or, if by cheque, until the cheque has been paid by Your bank. The following Conditions apply to Our right of lien:
15.1 We are entitled to continue to charge You, and You shall pay Us, fees and charges at the same rates as under this Agreement from the date Your Debt becomes due until payment is made in full or the Goods are sold or disposed of; and
15.2 in default of the Prompt Payment of Your Debt, You authorise Us:
15.2.1 to refuse You and Your agents access to the Goods and the Unit/s;
15.2.2 to access the Unit/s and inspect and remove the Goods to another Unit/s; and
15.2.3 Dispose of some or all of the Goods as described in Condition 16 onwards, and You will be required to pay our costs of taking this action, including any costs associated with accessing the Unit/s, cleaning the Unit/s and disposing of or selling the Goods.
16. If You do not make Prompt Payment of Your Fees or Debt, and A Lien is exercised by Us, You authorise us to remove Your Unit from it’s position and place the Unit somewhere else on Site until all outstanding Fees or Debt are paid in full. This relocation may be exercised using a Forklift, or Lorry Loader.
17. If Your Debt is not paid thirty (30) days after the Due Date or if You fail to collect the Goods after We have required You to collect them or if You fail to collect the Goods upon Termination of Hire Date of this Licence, subject to Condition 18:
17.1 We may sell the Goods as if We were the owner of the Goods;
17.2 We will pass all ownership to the Goods to the buyer;
17.3 We will use the proceeds of sale to pay:
17.3.1 first the reasonable costs incurred by Us in administering the debt collection and sale process. These costs will include (for example) auction costs, removal costs, cleaning costs and charges for Our own time;
17.3.2 secondly to pay Your Debt and to hold any balance for You. We are not required to give You any interest on the balance; and
17.4 if the proceeds of sale are insufficient to discharge:
17.4.1 all or any part of the costs described in Condition 17.3.1; and
17.4.2 Your Debt, You must pay any balance outstanding to Us within seven (7) days of a written demand from Us, which will set out the balance remaining due to Us. Interest will continue to accrue on Your Debt until payment has been made.
18. Before We sell or dispose of the Goods, We will give You notice in writing (provided by email, and/or where We consider it necessary, by hand or registered letter) of the amount of Your Debt at the date of the notice and that if You do not pay Your Debt within 14 days of the date of the notice, We will sell the Goods. We do not agree to give You any further notice of any intended sale.
19. Where We decide to sell the Goods, We will sell the Goods by any method(s) reasonably available to achieve a selling price reasonably obtainable in the open market, taking into account the costs of sale.
20. If in Our opinion the Goods cannot reasonably and economically be sold (for any reason whatsoever) or they remain unsold despite Our efforts, You authorise Us to treat them as abandoned by You and to destroy or otherwise dispose of them at Your cost (and this cost will be added to Your Debt).
21. We may also dispose of Your Goods if Your Goods are damaged due to fire, flood or any other event that has made the Goods (in Our opinion) severely damaged, of no commercial value, or dangerous to people or the Site. We do not need Your prior approval to take this action, but We will send notice to You within seven (7) days of assessing the Goods (or, where possible, We will try to give You prior notice).
22. You agree that We may immediately move, sell or dispose of any items that You leave unattended in common areas on Site or outside of Your Unit/s at any time with no liability to You.
23. You have the right to access our Site during the Hire period only for the purposes of communication with Us via our on Site Office during Office opening hours, using other Services on Site during their opening times, or for access to your Unit/s subject to Condition 15.
24. You have the right to access your Unit/s during the Hire Period only for the purposes of depositing, removing, substituting or inspecting the Goods of Your Unit/s and Your regular inspection of the Unit/s for damage or unsuitability of the Goods subject to Condition 15.
25. Only You and persons authorised in writing or accompanied by You will be allowed to have access to the Unit/s. Any such person is Your agent for whose actions You are responsible and liable to Us and to other Hirers and Hirer’s of Units on Site. You may withdraw any authorisation at any time, but the withdrawal will not be effective until We receive it in writing. We may ask for proof of identity from You or any other person at any time (although We are not obliged by this Agreement or otherwise to do so) and We may refuse access to any person (including You) who is unable to provide satisfactory proof of identity. We may refuse You or Your agents access at any time if We consider that the safety of any person on Site, or the security of the Unit/s or its contents, or other Units on Site or their contents may be put at risk.
26. You permit Us and Our agents to access the Unit/s and if necessary, We may break any lock to gain access to the Unit/s:
26.1 if We reasonably believe that the Unit/s contains any items described in Condition 28 or is being used in breach of Condition 30 and 31;
26.2 if We reasonably consider that such access is necessary to ascertain whether action needs to be taken to prevent injury or damage to persons or property;
26.3 if We are required to do so by the Police, Customs, Fire Services, Local Authority, by a Court Order, by a competent authority or by law;
26.4 for any purpose if We believe it is necessary in an emergency;
26.5 to obtain access for relocation purposes in accordance with Condition 32;
26.6 to obtain access in accordance with Our powers if You have not made Prompt Payment of Your Debt; or
26.7 to prevent injury or damage to persons or property.
27. You must ensure that the Unit/s is locked so as to be secure from unauthorised entry at all times when You are not using the Unit/s. We will not be responsible for locking any unlocked Unit/s. You should not leave Your key with, or permit access to Your Unit/s to any person other than Your own agent, who is responsible to You and subject to Your control and if You do so, You do so at Your own risk whether or not any such person is Our employee or agent. We do not accept any liability for any person holding Your key and having access to Your Unit/s and any such person acts as Your agent only.
28. You must not store or keep (and You must not allow any other person to store) any of the following in the Unit/s:
28.1 food or perishable goods unless approved by Us and provided that they are protected from and do not attract vermin;
28.2 plants, birds, fish, animals or any other creatures;
28.3 combustible, flammable, explosive or oxidising materials, liquids or gases e.g. paint, petrol, oil, cleaning solvents, gas cylinders, cellulose nitrate film or fireworks;
28.4 firearms, weapons, ammunition, explosives or the components thereof;
28.5 chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents or asbestos;
28.6 pollutants, toxic or hazardous materials or contaminated goods or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature;
28.7 any item which emits any fumes, smell or odour;
28.8 any illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained, including counterfeit goods, illicit (smuggled/counterfeit) tobacco, illicit alcohol, unlicensed medicines or unsafe goods (including toys, electrical items, cosmetics and fireworks);
28.9 compressed non-flammable gases without Our written consent and in accordance with Our specific requirements;
28.10 any item of high value requiring specialist storage (including without limitation jewellery, money, bullion, deeds, bonds, securities, stamps, antiques, fine art or fine wines;
28.11 tyres; or
28.12 waste materials including any materials or goods for export deemed to be waste e.g. used electrical equipment (unless tested and certified for re-use), used vehicles or parts thereof, and You will be liable under Condition 39 if You store or keep any of these items in Your Unit/s.
29. You must ensure that when the Goods are stored, they will be securely and properly packed and, in such condition, so the Goods do not to cause damage or injury to the Unit/s or to any other property, whether by spreading damp, infestation, leakage or the escape of fumes or substances or in any other way.
30. You must not (and You must not allow any other person to):
30.1 do anything on site or in the Unit/s which may be or may become an annoyance or nuisance to Us or the Hirer’s of any other Unit/s or any person on Site;
30.2 do anything on Site or in the Unit/s which may invalidate any of Our insurance policies or those of other Hirer’s Insurance policies or increase the premiums payable on them;
30.3 use the Unit/s as living accommodation;
30.4 use the Unit/s as a home address or business address and not use the address on Site or the Unit/s for receiving or sending mail without our prior permission;
30.5 use the Unit/s as an office;
30.6 paint, spray paint or do any mechanical work of any kind in the Unit/s;
30.7 attach anything to the internal or external surfaces of the Unit/s or make any alteration to the Unit/s;
30.8 allow any liquid, substance, smell or odour to escape from the Unit/s or any noise to be audible or vibration to be felt outside the Unit/s;
30.9 cause any damage to the Unit/s or any other Unit/s or the Site or its facilities or to the property of Us and if You cause any damage You must (at Our choice) repair, restore or replace such damage or item or reimburse the costs of making necessary repairs, restoration or replacement or make proper compensation to other Unit/s users or licensees;
30.10 leave anything in or cause any obstruction or undue hindrance in any passageway, stairway, service area or other part on Site and You must at all times be courteous to others and take reasonable care for Your own safety and that of others in using these areas;
30.11 leave any waste or refuse that is created by storing the Goods and You will be charged the reasonable costs of disposing of such waste or refuse if You do not comply with this Condition;
30.12 connect anything to any power point without Our consent. Any electrical appliance connected must be placed on a proper surface in an area dedicated for their use;
30.13 ignore any regulations in force on Site and in particular You undertake to observe and comply with the “No Smoking” policies that are in effect on Site; or
30.14 display any signs on Site without our written consent.
31. You must (and You shall ensure that Your agents):
31.1 use reasonable care when on Site or using the Unit/s and take all reasonable care in respect of the Unit/s, the Site, and the property of Us or any other Hirer’s or other persons on Site;
31.2 inform Us immediately of any damage or defect to the Unit/s;
31.3 comply with the reasonable directions of any of Our employees, agents and contractors on Site and any further regulations or instructions for the use, safety and security of the Unit/s and the Site which We may issue from time to time;
31.4 pay for the reasonable cost of repairs or cleaning or making good to Your Unit/s or our Site, of any damage caused by You or Your agents, including any damage caused by Your removal, haulage or delivery contractors, or any disposal of refuse or waste;
31.5 Be aware and abide by the Site Health & Safety signage, and be aware and cautious of the use of Forklifts, Motor vehicles including Cars, Motorcycles, Trucks, Vans & Lorries on Site.
32. We may at any time relocate You to another Unit specified by Us, which shall not be smaller than the current Unit:
32.1 in the event of a fire or flood or other incident or occurrence on Site which in Our opinion requires the Unit/s or any part of the Site to be closed or sealed off, and We will try and give You seven (7) days’ written notice but this may not always be possible; or
32.2 by giving You seven (7) days’ written notice if We close the Site or any part of the Site for redevelopment, in these circumstances, where We have given You prior notice, You shall remove the Goods from the current Unit/s and move them to the new Unit/s. We will try to ensure your new Unit/s is as near as possible to the current Unit/s although this is subject to availability.
33. Subject to Conditions 14 and 16 We may relocate your Unit to another part on Site via Lorry Loader or Forklift. As specified in Conditions 35, We are not liable for damage to you Goods in your Unit during this process.
34. Because the nature and type of the Goods being stored by You from time to time is entirely within Your discretion (subject to the restrictions in Conditions 28 and 30), You must ensure that the Unit/s is fit for Your purpose and suitable for the storage of the Goods that You store or intend to store in it. We do not warrant or represent that any Unit/s allocated to You is a suitable place or means of storage for any particular goods.
RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY
35. Without limiting Condition 36, storage of Goods in the Unit/s is at Your sole risk. You will be responsible for and bear the risk of any and all theft, damage to, and deterioration of the Goods. We exclude all liability in respect of loss or damage:
35.1 to Your business (if any), any business interruption or loss of any business opportunity or profits, or for any indirect loss or damage to Your business;
35.2 that is a not foreseeable consequence of the breach. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time this Agreement was made, both We and You knew that the loss might happen; or
35.3 to all Goods (except where theft, damage to, or deterioration of Goods occurs due our negligence or breach of contract). You must ensure that Your goods are insured at all times.
36. We do not exclude liability to You where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for physical injury to or the death of any person and which is a direct result of Our negligence or wilful default or that of Our agents and/or employees or for breach of Your legal rights in relation to the services.
37. We do not insure the Goods. You must ensure that Your goods remain insured at all times while they are in storage against all Normal Perils for their full replacement value. You will not allow this insurance cover to lapse throughout the Hire Period. You will also make sure that the total value of Goods in the Unit/s does not exceed the full replacement value. Normal Perils for this Agreement means actual physical loss of or damage to Goods caused by fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, aircraft or articles dropped from them, storm, flood, bursting &/or leaking pipes, ingress of water or other liquid substance, moth, insect or vermin, theft accompanied by forcible and violent entry to or exit from the Unit/s, riot, strike, civil commotion, malicious damage, and impact by vehicles of any kind.
38. You must supply Us with evidence that You have taken out such insurance cover promptly if We request for You to provide evidence throughout the Hire Period. Inspection by Us of any insurance documents provided by You to demonstrate cover does not mean that We have approved the cover or confirmed it is sufficient.
39. You will be liable for and You will compensate Us for the full amount of all claims, demands, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses incurred by Us or by any of Our employees, agents or other Unit/s users or licensees or persons on Site which arise out of:
39.1 the use of the Unit/s or the Site by You or any of Your employees, agents or invitees (including relating to the ownership or storage of Goods in the Unit/s);
39.2 Your breach of this Agreement or a breach by any of Your agents;
39.3 any dispute as to the ownership of the Unit/s or as to the person who is entitled to law to have possession of the Unit/s; and/or
39.4 Our enforcement of any of the Conditions of this Agreement.
40. You agree to comply with this Agreement and all relevant laws and regulations that are or may be applicable to the use of the Unit/s. This includes laws relating to the Goods which are stored and how You store the Goods. You are responsible for any breach of those laws, and You must compensate Us for the full amount of all claims, liabilities, demands, damages, costs and expenses We incur due to Your breach of laws.
41. If We have reason to believe that You are not complying with all relevant laws, We may take any action We believe to be necessary, including:
41.1 the actions outlined in Conditions 59 and 26;
41.2 contacting, cooperating with and/or submitting Goods to the relevant authorities; and/or
41.3 immediately disposing of or removing the Goods at Your cost, and You agree that We may take such action at any time even though We could have acted earlier.
42. In the event of circumstances which are outside Our or Your reasonable control and any consequences of those circumstances, Neither You nor We shall have any liability under this Agreement or be considered to be in breach of this Agreement for any delay or failure in performance of this Agreement or any resulting loss or damage to Goods. These circumstances include, for example, any natural disaster, riot, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, electrical power failures, threat of or actual terrorism or environmental or health emergency or hazard, or access of any Unit/s including the Unit/s or the Site by, or arrest or seizure or confiscation of Goods by competent authorities. We do not agree and are not obliged by this Agreement to maintain the safety or security of the Goods, the Unit/s or the Site in order to keep the Goods free from damage or loss in the event of circumstances which are outside Our reasonable control. We will not be responsible for failing to allow access to Your Goods for so long as the circumstance continues. We will try to minimise any effects arising from such circumstances. Your failure to pay Your Debt will not constitute an event which is outside of Your reasonable control.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
43. We collect information about You when You set up an Account with Us and during the course of the Hire Period to manage Your account. This information includes Your personal data set out in this Form. We count all information relating to you as (“Your Data”), and We process Your Data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and all associated laws. Your Data will be used for the purposes of this Agreement, processing payments, communicating with You, and generally maintaining Your account with Us to comply with Our legal obligations and Our legitimate business interests.
44. We would like to send You information about Our own products and services which may be of interest to You. We will only do this if You have consented to this on this Agreement Form. If You have consented to such marketing, You may opt out at a later date by contacting Us using the telephone number or the email address set out on the Agreement.
45. We may share Your Data with, and obtain information about You from, credit reference or fraud prevention agencies (including Police, Counter Terrorism and Customs and Excise) or trade associations of which We are a member.
46. We will release Your Data and other account details at any time if We consider in Our sole discretion that such release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce this Agreement, for fraud protection and credit risk reduction, (from crime prevention or detection purposes), or to protect the safety of any person on Site, or We consider that the security of the Unit/s or its contents, or other Units on Site or their contents, will be put at risk.
47. If We sell or buy any business or assets, We may disclose Your Data and account details to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If Our business or substantially all of Our assets are acquired by a third party, Your Data and account details will be one of the transferred assets.
48. You have the right to request a copy of the information that We hold about You, to request that inaccurate Data is rectified, to restrict how Data is used and in certain circumstances to have Data deleted. Please e-mail or write to Us at the address provided on the Agreement should you wish to request for any of the above to be actioned. More details on how We uses Data and Your rights in relation to Data are set out in Our Privacy Notice which can be viewed on Our website or provided on request.
49. On the Agreement Form or where You notify Us in writing, You may (but You are not obliged to) nominate an authorised person or persons to:
49.1 manage your account (“Authorised Person”) – see Condition 50; and
49.2 have access to the Unit/s (“Authorised Person”) subject to Condition 14.3
50. We will contact, disclose, discuss and provide access to Your account details and discuss any default of this Agreement by You with, and otherwise deal with (as Your agent), Your “Authorised Person” in accordance with, and to the extent of, Your instructions. In addition, if We are unable to contact You at Your contact details specified in the Agreement Form (as amended or updated from time to time by notice in writing by You to Us) for any reason, We may and You hereby authorise Us to contact, disclose, discuss and provide access to Your account details to and discuss any default of this Agreement by You with, and otherwise deal with (as Your agent), Your “Authorised Person” for the purposes of and in relation to this Agreement.
51. You must inform Us in writing of any changes to Your details and/or Your Authorised Person’s details as soon as possible following the change.
52. We will only disclose Your Data to a person identifying themselves to Us as Your spouse or partner if such individual has been named by You on the Agreement Form as an “Authorised Person”.
53. For further information on how Your Data is used, how We maintain the security of Your Data, and Your rights to access information We hold on You, please contact Us using the telephone number set out on the Agreement.
54. Without affecting Condition 18, any notice that We give You under this Agreement must be in writing and may be served by e-mail, by personal delivery to the person notified or its address, or by post, including, where We consider it necessary, by registered letter or recorded delivery. Your address for service of notices shall be Your e-mail and/or postal address written on this Agreement Form or any other address in England, Scotland or Wales which You have previously notified to Us in writing.
55. Any notice that You give Us must be in writing and may be served by personal delivery, by pre-paid post or by e-mail.
56. A notice will be served at the time of personal delivery or from the date it has been placed in the post, or at the time the e-mail was sent by the sender, provided that the sender of the e-mail does not receive an e-mail message stating that the e-mail message has not been received by the intended recipient.
57. You will notify Us in writing of any changes to Your billing details, contact details or Authorised Person(s) details stated on this Agreement.
58. You may terminate this Agreement:
58.1 By notifying us requesting Termination and hand in your Additions e.g. Lock/s and Keys to Us at our Office, on Site, within Office hours Subject to Condition 8. Of which time all outstanding Fees and Debt must be paid. Additional Fees may be required after Termination in accordance with Condition 60.
59. We may terminate this Agreement:
59.1 By giving You 14 days’ written notice, with the Termination of Hire date in accordance with Condition 8; or
59.2 If You breach this Agreement and do not put that breach right within 14 days of Us notifying You of the breach then We may immediately terminate this contract.
60. Immediately on the Termination Date, You must remove all goods from the Unit/s and leave the Unit/s clean and tidy and in the same condition as at the Start Date subject. If You do not do so, You shall pay Our costs of cleaning the Unit/s or disposing of any goods or rubbish left by You in the Unit/s or on Site. We may treat Goods remaining in the Unit/s after the Termination Date as abandoned and may dispose of them in accordance with Conditions 17 to 20.
61. Where this Agreement has terminated and You have paid more of Our Hire Fees and charges than are due at the Termination Date, We will refund the balance to You after deduction of any payments due to Us. No interest will accrue on any money held by Us for You.
62. Where any payments are still outstanding from You up to the Termination Date, You must pay Us in full including any outstanding interest before We will release the Goods to You. Any calculation of the outstanding fees will be done by Us. If you do not pay us such amounts, Conditions 17 to 20 may apply.
63. You agree to examine the Goods carefully upon removing them from the Unit/s and must tell Us about any loss or damage to the Goods as soon as is reasonably possible after doing so.
64. Your responsibility for outstanding sums, property damage, personal injury, environmental damage and other legal responsibility under this Agreement continues after this Agreement has terminated.
65. We may, at any time, vary any of the terms of this Agreement provided that such variation is in writing. You may terminate without charge before the change takes effect by giving notice under Condition 58.1. Otherwise, Your continued use of the Unit/s will be considered as Your acceptance of and agreement to the amended terms.
66. We may alter Our Fees at any time by giving You written notice and the new Fees shall take effect on the first Due Date occurring not less than four weeks after the date of Our notice. You may terminate without charge before the change takes effect by giving notice under Condition 58.1.
67. If You would like to make a change to Your selected Agreement options please contact Us (for example if You would like to move to a bigger or smaller Unit/s). We will let You know if the change is possible. If it is possible, We will let You know about any changes to the Fees for the services or anything else which would be necessary as a result of Your requested change and this Agreement may be amended to incorporate these changes.
68. If We decide not to exercise or enforce any right that We have against You at a particular time (or if We delay exercising such a right), then this does not prevent Us from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right unless We tell You in writing that We have waived or given up our ability to do so.
69. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the Conditions in this Agreement are invalid, illegal or unenforceable to any extent, the Condition will, to the extent it is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, be considered to be removed from this Agreement, and the remaining terms of this Agreement will continue to be valid and will not be affected in any way.
70. You may not assign any of Your rights under this Agreement or part with possession of the Unit/s or the Goods whilst they are on Site to any other person, firm or company without our prior written consent.
71. Where You are two or more persons under this Agreement, each person takes on the obligations under this Agreement separately.
72. This Agreement is between You and Us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of the Conditions.
73. This Agreement shall be governed by English law and any dispute or claim that either You or We bring will be decided by the Courts of England and Wales.
74. You confirm throughout the Licence Period that:
74.1 the Goods in the Room from time to time are Your own property; or
74.2 the person who owns or has an interest in the Goods has given You their authority to store the Goods in the Unit/s on the terms and conditions in this Agreement and that You act as the agent of that person. You indemnify Us against any loss or damage suffered by Us for breach of this warranty including against any loss, damage or expenses incurred by Us (including any reasonably incurred legal fees) arising from any step or action taken by any person who owns or has an interest in the Goods.
75. Whereby additional Unit/s and Additions are hired by You, You, upon signing this Agreement agree that we may amend or modify this Agreement after initial signing to include these additional Unit/s and Additions.
76. Replacement Keys are charged at £15.00 plus vat per key and a replacement Lock and two (2) Keys is charged at £50.00 plus vat. This will be added to the sums owed and is classed as other charges.
76. Our Office and Principal place of business is at: Deeping Direct Limited, 51 Towngate East, Market Deeping, Peterborough, Lincolnshire, England, PE6 8LQ.
76.1 You can contact us:
76.2 by post, using the postal address given above;
76.3 using our website contact form;
76.3 by telephone, on 01778 343437;
76.4 by fax, on 01778 380216; or
76.5 by email, our email address is: email@example.com.
77. By signing this contract, The Hirer signifies their acceptance of this Agreement. Failure to sign The Agreement deems Deeping Direct Limited to enforce the above terms at its own discretion.